Mario D’boro Shoes Billboard Design


Several billboard design studies were done by moi for Mario D’boro shoes. Here is the “mirror” concept look they liked. The photography was said to be done by the famous Philippine “bad boy of fashion photography” in Raymund Isaac. I was intriged by the lack of depth of field in some of the 22 megapixel photos. In some shots you can see that the shoes are soft and blurry (not shown here) when I “pixel peep” them in my 21” monitor. I check the images’ EXIF files and learned that the f-stop is at 13 and that the lense used was Canon’s 100mm f2.8. Maybe (IMHO) if a 50mm lense (set at f11) was used the depth of field would have been greater, thus, avoiding blurred shoes. Surely an f16 opening on the 100mm lense would have increased area of focus, but diffraction will have settled in and softens any image. Just my two-cents worth...