Daring Setcard Designs for Irish and Joan


Here's something I want to share belatedly: Ms. Irish Contreras is a young, sexy member of the all-female entertainment group: Viva Hot Babes. Joan is an amateur model. So I was tasked to shoot their pictorials and layout their setcards (comp cards to some) as part of their updated portfolio materials. For Irish's setcard to standout I had to persuade her and her manager to just use one main photograph only! I believe in breaking the "rules" of setcard design if anyone wants to seriously make creative heads turn. My concept worked and Irish was ecstatic! I sometimes see Irish guests on some ABS-CBN channel 2 tv sit-coms. For Joan, three selected photos were enough to land her a contract with a famous local talent agency. For these pictorials I just used two Nikon SB Speedlite flash units off-camera. For post-processing I used the Corel Knockout software to "drop-out" or erase any backgound behind Irish.