Grand Opening for SM Marikina Mall

Capturing the "money-shot" of all the VIPs simultaneously cutting ribbons with the media hordes (plus all kinds of photographers) crowding just literally inches away from the stage is a horrific nightmare. To join the claustrophobic mob meant being elbowed around and having bad composition with lots of heads, hands and cameras in my viewfinder with the subjects. So I opted for a higher elevation shot (photo above) with my 55-200mm zoom lense. Hmm, I just wonder how the gang manged all those chaotic visual obstructions? This is a call for all "expert" event managers to pretty please setup an authorized shooting area for the media (and all photogs included) the next time around. Only thus can everybody be dignified and compliment any snazzy stage (like the photo below) to come. Well how I wish, eh?...