GEARTALK: Nikon D90 Road Test

Here's the first DSLR that incorporates 720P HD (high definition) video as part of its feature. At 24 frames per second the videos taken with the new Nikon D90 is jerky, so what I do is to pan quickly and/or do a cut-to-cut transition. Canon answered the D90 with a full-HD version in their 5D MkII model. I tried shooting both photo and video for a wedding coverage with the D90 and found it difficult. It's always best to concentrate on one aspect of the coverage to anticipate some unrepeatable "decisive moments". Nikon certainly started a small revolution here: converging the photographer and videographer into one artist. Expect all DSLR models to include HD video as standard issue. Next month I will post some sexy European corsets I shot with the D90 once I get the "go" signal from my British designers. So stay tuned...