Here is how to convert your DSLR into a pinhole camera and use it handheld:
1. Drill a 1 cm hole in the middle of your body cap
2. Overlay the hole with a 2cm x 2cm aluminum foil using electrical tape
3. Find a fine pin and puncture the foil with a hole (approx. 0.4mm)
4. Set your ISO to 1600 at 1/15 shutter speed for sunlit subjects
5. Adjust other settings according to taste
I also tried using flash for some of my pinhole photographs for kicks! Yes you have permission to be creative (read: crazy)! Have fun!